Teaching Beautiful Brilliant Black Girls
- Omobolade Delano-Oriaran
- Marguerite W. Penick
- Shemariah J. Arki
- Ali Michael
- Orinthia Swindell
- Eddie Moore Jr.
Be a part of the radical transformation to honor and respect Beautiful Brilliant Black Girls!
This book is a collective call to action for educational justice and fairness for all Black Girls – Beautiful, Brilliant. This edited volume focuses on transforming how Black Girls are understood, respected, and taught. Editors and authors intentionally present the harrowing experiences Black Girls endure and provide readers with an understanding of Black Girls’ beauty, talents, and brilliance.
This book calls willing and knowledgeable educators to disrupt and transform their learning spaces by presenting:
- Detailed chapters rooted in scholarship, lived experiences, and practice
- Activities, recommendations, shorter personal narratives, and poetry honoring Black Girls
- Resources centering Black female protagonists
- Companion videos illustrating first-hand experiences of Black Girls and women
- Tools in authentically connecting with Black Girls so they can do more than survive – they can thrive.
*Please note: Items will not ship before the conclusion of the presale on April 28, 2023.